Ok, here we go.
As many already know, Gundy pulled out all the stops and flipped Kevin Peterson from OU to the Pokes earlier this week. This was a huge pickup because for those that don't know, safety Johnny Thomas will not be returning to OSU to finish out his career. He couldn't get the grades back up so he is declaring for the NFL draft. With Devin Hedgepeth's torn achilles injury, the secondary is in need of some depth and Peterson definitely has the talent to provide it.
On a smaller but just as important note, Coach Wickline was also able to snag offensive lineman, Michael Wilson, away from Texas A&M which is a huge get. The guy is 6'6" and 285 lbs and extremely athletic. He is going to be a difference maker for sure.
On an even smaller note, Coach Dunn landed relatively unknown wide receiver, Jhajuan Seales. While his offer list doesn't jump off the page at you, he is extremely fast and has great hands. He looks like he may be the sleeper of the class.
So that leaves two open scholarships left...kind of. Trust me, the coaches will make room somehow if a top recruit suddenly decides to wear the brightest of Oranges.
Click the jump for the remaining targets and more discussion.
Ok, I figured I'd throw my two cents out there as far as who is likeliest to commit as of right now.
1. Jaydon Mickens (85% chance): He played receiver in high school but I have a feeling he is going to be the speedster out of the backfield at Oklahoma State. He had a great time on his visit and I am pretty confident that he will be sporting OSU Orange on signing day.
2. Seth Jacobs (65% chance): In my opinion, it is down to Oklahoma State and Arkansas for this California bred linebacker. At 6'2" and 220 pounds, I expect him to make an impact on special teams his freshman year and then compete for the star position his sophomore year. Gundy is heading to Los Angeles this week to speak with Mickens and I wouldn't doubt that he makes a stop in Arroyo Grande to talk with Jacobs as well.
3. Trae Elston (50% chance): Elston is a bit of a puzzle. He said Oklahoma State was his leader a week and a half ago but has since shown a lot of attention to UCF and Ole Miss. Where he goes right now is really up in the air but OSU has just as good of a shot to land him as any of the other schools. He would be a tremendous grab for sure whether he plays on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.
4. LaDarrell McNeil (20% chance): This one really hits me in the gut. I thought for sure he would make the switch once he had a chance to see Stillwater with his family but it looks as if he is going to stay solid with his commitment to Tennessee. It's unfortunate because the guy is a tremendous safety and could definitely be next in line to follow Markelle Martin's footsteps. Stranger things have happened but I don't feel confident about him wearing an Oklahoma State hat on signing day.
5. Trey Williams (10% chance): At this point, I think the 5 star running back committed to A&M is just taking advantage of the free visits. He has definitely given OSU, the coaches, and fans a lot of love on twitter but in the end I see him sticking with the Aggies.
*WILD CARD* Corey Thompson: This highly regarded OLB/Safety is currently committed to A&M but has definitely shown a lot of interest in the Pokes. He still has a visit set up for this coming weekend so flipping him is not out of the question. Grabbing him so late in the game would be a huge boost to the overall recruiting class and to a secondary that seems to get stronger each year.