Hey, guy in the gray shirt. You're wearing gray AND standing there like an idiot instead of celebrating the touchdown. Piss off. - Richard Rowe-US PRESSWIRE
Who won in last week's Prediction Article? I did. Because nobody could accidentally center the main article photo on Quinn Sharp's junk the way I did.
Now begins the tough stretch to see what type of team Oklahoma State really is. TCU is going to be a tough test, in my opinion. Their QB, Trevone Boykin, can make plays throwing and running the ball. While their defense isn't as stout as it has been in the past, they are still pretty solid against the run (7th in the nation) allowing only 92 yards per game on the ground. Conversely, Oklahoma State is 8th in rushing offense, averaging over 250 yards per game on the ground. Obviously, this will be a great battle to watch as the game goes on.
Now, this isn't to say that OSU won't throw the ball. With Wes Lunt back as the starting QB, I believe we'll see even more types of passing plays being utilized. Not necessarily more passes overall, but definitely some that were out of JW Walsh's skill range.
On defense, I expect OSU to try to contain the TCU offense and their mobile quarterback. The front seven have made some good strides as a unit and hopefully the secondary will finally start to get their act together because Boykin will make them pay if they fall asleep or get burned.
Now then, let's get on with the predictions!
1. Final Score?
2. Stadium Attendance?
3. Total rushing yards and TDs for Joseph Randle?
4. Total times TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson bends over to tie his shoes?
5. Which OSU receiver leads the way?
6. Last week, OSU finally forced multiple turnovers against a Div. 1 opponent! How many will they force this week?
7. Worst TV commentator line during the broadcast?
8. Whose performance is more vital to winning this game: Wes Lunt or the OSU defense? Why?
9. You're in a bar fight. Who do you want to have your back: Mike Gundy after getting pissed off at a media member OR TCU QB, Casey Pachall, after he's done eight lines of coke?