Gilbert has serious speed, Kansas has completely given up on football, and the fade is back, are a couple things we learn in this week's edition of What We Learned.
Many thanks to our guest this week!
Gary England was the Chief Meteorologist News 9 in Oklahoma City for over 40 years. There's only one... Gary England
keeping my fingers crossed this is true for Baylor!
@ChrisRossSports Powerful one week may not equate to squat the next!— Gary England (@garyeOK) November 10, 2013
Thoughts from the CRFF staff
Robert Whetsell Follow @RobertW_CRFF
- Gundy and Company are obviously very comfortable with 50% completion rates.
- Charlie Weis obviously knows something about somebody. Either that or Kansas doesn't give a shit about football.
Taylor York Follow @tayloryork
- Texas Tech was way way overrated! Lost 3 straight. OU, OSU, and KSU. Last two at home!
- Safeties are a thing right now in the Big 12.
Cory Treece Follow @CDTreece_CRFF
- Glidden could be a big time play-maker in a critical situation going forward. It's also quite impressive how far he bounced off the turf on that one catch.
Hatco Cowboy Follow @Hatco_CRFF
- OU, as terrible as they looked, exposed weaknesses within the Baylor offense. Glenn Spencer should be doing jumping cartwheels in his office.
- Oklahoma State and Texas may have huge Big 12 title implications...but the Pokes should roll in Austin.
- The Cowboy offense exhausted all of its energy to defeat Texas Tech...and didn't even need any to thwart Kansas.
- And lastly, the de facto Big 12 title game will most likely feature Baylor....when they travel to Stillwater.
Steve Dodson Follow @SteveD_CRFF
- Kansas football is bad for ratings, but good for insomnia. Zzzzzz
Evan G. Jones Follow @EJones_CRFF
- Either Baylor is the real deal or OU is a lot worse than we think.
- Jeremy Smith's true roll is RB 1B.
- OSU's offense seems to play to the level of the competition. The D doesn't, they own always.
- We shouldn't expect anymore out of Chelf than what we've been getting. 50-ish percent completion, 200-ish yards, and a couple picks. That's who he is.
- Lastly, it's time to stop wishing our offense was better, or we had a NFL QB, etc... We are 8-1 and charging for a Big 12 title. It's time to be on board with what's going on and support.
Tyler Ames Follow @TyAmes_CRFF
- I, for one, am extremely glad we got K-State early in the year. OU is gonna have a tough time leaving Manhattan with a W.
Cade Webb Follow @CWebb_CRFF
- KU football is the worst Big 12 program in any sport.
- Even when the offense sputters, can't complain about 42 points.
- Texas is vulnerable
- OU still sucks. We will beat them by 20. At least.
- Baylor is, um, scary... but I still really don't know.
- K-State is getting good. Glad we played them early.
Graham Coffelt Follow @GrahamC_CRFF
- According to commentators, David Glidden is comparable to Wes Welker?!
- I can actually be bored at a game.
Chris Ross Follow @ChrisRossSports
- Barry Sanders was a man amongst boys, and a true legend. Okay, I already knew that, but seeing him honored at halftime was amazing!
- Josh Heupel may be the worst Offensive Coordinator in the Big 12.
- Baylor is the BCS' worst nightmare. They're an undefeated AQ team, but no one knows what to make of them and it's week 12.
- The only thing we truly know about Baylor is they are fast. Very, very fast.
- Kansas is as bad as advertised, maybe even a little worse.
Best of Twitter: #CRFFWhatWeLearned
Yes, Yes we can.
Smith actually had a great TD run
#CRFFWhatWeLearned OSU's running backs looked like chumps in front of Barry Sanders.— Rob Inman (@Robcinm) November 10, 2013
Depends on if Ash is back, I bet Case plays though.
|2013 - Clint Chelf||7||83.0||58||115||50.4||760||108.6||6.6||6||4||27||213||30.4||7.9||3||-||-|
|2013 - Case McCoy||8||60.0||104||171||60.8||1188||148.5||6.9||5||5||15||-10||-1.3||-0.7||1||-||-|
|2013 - David Ash||3||93.0||53||87||60.9||760||253.3||8.7||7||2||31||152||50.7||4.9||1||-||-|
Texas may, oddly enough, have the more reliable QB going into this weekend. #CRFFWhatWeLearned— Derek Birdsong (@derekbirdsong) November 10, 2013
Just how bad is KU football?
#CRFFWhatWeLearned Playing Kansas sucks for everyone, from injuries to page views.— CRFF (@CowboysRFF) November 10, 2013
Against West Virginia anyway
#CRFFWhatWeLearned Texas doesn't need a controversial call at the end of games to come up with a big win.— Robert Whetsell (@RobertW_CRFF) November 10, 2013
Thankfully, it won't be a problem the rest of the year
How much of this is from taking more shots down field?
#CRFFWhatWeLearned Kansas sucks, and we would be ecstatic if Chelf completed 55% of his passes.— Robert Whetsell (@RobertW_CRFF) November 10, 2013
It's going to be a good month of football!
Yes, and the diamond formation as well!
#CRFFWhatWeLearned The fade is alive in Stilly— Renee Caldwell (@IbatheWonderDog) November 10, 2013
#CRFFWhatWeLearned Chelf and Tracy Moore = Walsh and Stewart— Derek Hatridge (@Hatco_CRFF) November 9, 2013