Let's Get Pasted is a place where we periodically post a collection of links, quick thoughts, and hopefully one day, a haiku.
Time to get the linking and the rambling going again. A short one to get things started back up.
Oklahoma State Links
- Tomorrow (8/14) at 1:00 Fox Sports Oklahoma is airing Bedlam 2001, otherwise known as the 16-13 game or the Fields to Woods game. We will be watching and will start up an open thread on the site. So come back here tomorrow at 1:00 to reminisce and to share in the bitching about how hard it was to watch televised sports before HD.
- If you haven't been keeping up on practice recaps, the Tulsa World and NewsOK are both posting good ones. Due to only being a week in, and Gundy's typical tight lips, there really hasn't been anything groundbreaking to report yet.
- The position battles at WR and on the O-line are still ongoing, but the early favorites for starting positions still look to be the frontrunners.
- Caleb Lavey suffered an undefined arm injury, his status is still unclear. Also no word on how it will impact his future appearances in Kenny Chesney videos.
- Word is that super stud Nate Sorenson is being worked out at Wide Receiver. At 6'3" 200 and running a 4.4 (HS fudged timing system), this seems like the more natural fit for him anyway.
- Everyone is huge on Freshman RB Joseph Randle. Every report about future studs coming out of camp specifically points to Randle as someone that will blow up when he gets his shot.
Sean Sutton update. He will appear in court today to enter his plea pertaining to the charges against him. He also plans to address the media. Drugs are bad kids, legal or otherwise. (see... we care)
Update: Sean addresses media and is set to enter a plea of guilty.
- John Smith named the Team USA wrestling coach. Congrats to John!
Big XII Links
- Texas Tech is going to have a reality show! In the vain of Hard Knocks, this weekly show will showcase Texas Tech athletics from the inside. I can't wait to see exactly how Taylor Potts shapes his goatee. I also hope that they focus a lot on the female athletes and fanbase. We have all seen how the females at Texas Tech behave when a camera is around.
- Everyone likes rankings, even from an OU site. Crimson and Cream Machine ranks all the Big XII teams by Running Back. And yes, they have a team that has lead the conference in rushing for 4 straight years, and returns an All American as the feature back ranked in the middle of the conference. To be fair, it looks like the rankings are meant to reflect the overall talent at the RB position, not just the starters.
Around SBNation Links
- Want to make yourself feel a little nervous about the matchup with Wash St? From CougCenter comes this really well done then-and-now look at some of their players that have bulked up a bunch over the summer. I don't want to be accusatory here, but maybe someone ought to take a look in Myron Beck's medicine cabinet.