OSU has NOT traditionally piled up many "quality" wins in the non-conference portion of their schedule, tallying 1 or 2 legit D1 opponents prior to Big 12 play.
The last couple of seasons Travis Ford has worked on changing that. Last season Marcus Smart and the rest of the gang announced their presence with a beat down of ACC favorite NC State in Puerto Rico.
This season looks to be of similar fashion. After 5 cream puff contests in GIA (2 exhibitions), Memphis comes to town on November 19th for a "warm up" to the Old Spice Classic over Thanksgiving weekend.
This starts a stretch of Division opponents that should give us a pretty good picture of what this year's version of the Cowboys will be.
- 11/25 South Florida
- 11/28 Purdue (Game 1 of the OSC in Kissimmee, FL)
- 11/29 OSU will get either Butler or Washington State
- 12/1 OSU will get one of the following...LSU/Memphis/St Joes/Siena
- 12/6 South Carolina
- 12/14 La Tech in the All College Classic
- 12/17 Delaware State in the All College Classic
- 12/21 Colorado in the MGM Grand Showcase in Las Vegas
- 12/30 Robert Morris (remember the NIT earlier this year and Kentucky?)