There's no two ways about it, Oklahoma State was embarrassed in Fort Worth on Saturday. Cowboys fans have known the Pokes were a team waiting to be exposed, and TCU was happy to oblige.
The Cowboys completed only one pass in the entire second half of the game... The pass intercepted by TCU in the fourth quarter. I'm not sure what's worse, that an Oklahoma State receiver didn't touch the ball in the second half, or that Garman only put the ball in the air six times in the half.
There is a lot of work to do before the Mountaineers come to Stillwater this weekend, and Gundy addresses some of the issues with the team. Coach talks about everything from Daxx Garman, to the offensive line, and not knowing how to do elementary school match.
A Few Hot Takes:
- Gundy doesn't want to get too down on this team. They're young and inexperienced, and he doesn't think it makes much sense to beat them down. He would rather focus on making improvements and building on those each week. Overall he's okay with where the team is at.
- West Virginia is built on big plays, and Gundy acknowledges that Oklahoma State will have to do a much better job this week than last week if they want to win.
- A random conversation revealed that Gundy doesn't know how to do elementary school math.
- Gundy was happy with Garman's play. There were some throws he wasn't too excited about, but overall thought he did well. This is most likely coach speak for he's what we got, no other choice but support him.
- No mention of the incident involving Seales and Offray, but Gundy keeps that stuff pretty close to the chest.
There's more, but it's a lot of coach speak this week. You know, answering questions without answering questions. Gundy's getting pretty good at it too. At the very least it's mildly entertaining, so definitely give it a watch.