Random NCAA Tournament Facts
- The average fan fills out 4.5 brackets, and it takes them 1 hour and 15 minutes to do it.
- Americans will spend almost 8.4 million hours watching March Madness games at work, and most employers don't mind.
- The largest margin of victory in the tournament is 64 points. In 1963, Loyola beat Tennessee Tech 111 - 47.
- Only 7 teams have won the Tournament with an undefeated record.
- A 5-seed has never won.
- The lowest seed to ever win is an 11-seed.
- A 1-seed hasn't made it to the Final Four only 3 times.
- When the tournament began in 1939 there were only eight teams seeded.
- 1973 was the first year the NCAA Championship was broadcast during prime time.
- Only three coaches have won the National Title as a player and a coach...Bobby Knight, Joe Hall, and Dean Smith
- Kansas coach Bill Self has taken three different schools to the Elite Eight (Tulsa, Illinois, Kansas).
- Twelve coaches have won the tournament while coaching at their Alma mater.
- Thirteen coaches have won more than once.
- $2.5 Billion is illegally gambled on March Madness each year.
Speaking of gambling, here are some random March Madness betting odds.
|Which 1-seed will be the first to be eliminated from the tournament?|
|Will a 16-seed advance past the round of 64?|
|How will the sum of the seeds be in the Final Four?|
|What seed will the champion be?|
|9-seed or higher||20/1|
|What conference will the champion come from?|
|Atlantic Coast Conference||15/4|
|American Athletic Conference||5/1|
|South Eastern Conference||5/1|
|Will there be a repeat of Michigan vs Louisville in the final?|
|What will be the largest margin of victory in the Round of 64?|
|What will be the most about of points scored by one team in the Round of 64?|