Rewind to the 2013 Season Opener against Mississippi State in the Advocare Texas Kickoff. At 1:41 left in the 1st quarter, J.W. Walsh rolls out to lead the offense. At this point Oklahoma State had amassed 6 rushing yards and the offense was sputtering.
Enter Diamond Formation.
First play is a 6 yard option left. Followed by a hurry up set for a 6 yard option right (brought back by a penalty). Exit Diamond for a 4 WR set and a RB screen right for 4 yards and then another option with Desmond Roland out of the same set for 16 yards. After that the drive would sputter, ending with a Kip Smith punt...
...until 3:49 left in the 2nd. 1st and 10 at the OKST 31. At this point, the offense rolled out once more in a 4 WR set. The drive went as follows:
- Roland to the right for 4 yards.
- Roland up the middle for 5 yards.
- Walsh option keeper left for 46 yards.
- Walsh option keeper left for 11 yards to the MSST 3
- Walsh roll-out left, incomplete pass.
- Walsh option keeper left for 3 yards and an Oklahoma State TOUCHDOWN.
Jeremy Clarkson - I believe in speed, power... (via Marcello Calefato)
Imagine the amount of athleticism with the following formation:
- QB: J.W. Walsh
- RBs: Desmond Roland behind Walsh, Rennie Childs to his left, and Tyreek Hill to the right
- FB (to sub in for one of the above for a power formation): Jeremy Seaton or Derek Branson
- WR's: Jhajuan Seales and Ra'Shaad Samples