It’s officially bowl week for Oklahoma State, which means it’s time to start digging into the Alamo Bowl!
Back before Colorado bolted from the Big 12, Oklahoma State and Colorado were conference rivals. We haven’t done battle with Colorado since they left for the Pac-12, but that changes on December 29th when we rekindle the Big 8 rivalry in San Antonio.
So let’s get refreshed on the history and comparisons of the Cowboys and Buffaloes.
- Colorado leads the all time series 26-19-1, with the one tie being in 1982 as the two teams battled to a 25-25 final score (current overtime rules weren’t implemented until 1996).
- Oklahoma State is currently on a 2 game win streak, having won the 2008 and 2009 matchups.
- The longest win streak for the Cowboys is 3 games, from 1966-1968.
- The longest win streak for the Buffs is 8 games, from 1989-1996.
- As you can see in the team charts below, Colorado dominates most of the all time records between the two teams.
- Here’s how the 21st century has been for each team. Gundy took over for Les Miles in 2005.
It will be fun to watch the old rivals go at it once again in the Alamo Bowl.
Stay tuned to CRFF for more bowl coverage as the week goes on.