Another Bedlam, another Oklahoma victory.
Oklahoma State took the short 90-minute drive down I-35 for Bedlam 2.0 on Wednesday. Hoping to get revenge on the Sooners for a heartbreaking 74-72 loss earlier in the season, the Pokes had plenty of motivation. OSU was without Jawun Evans and Phil Forte again, and will be for the remainder of the season. The already shorthanded Cowboy team was also without SG Jeffrey Carroll, who was out with an illness.
The Cowboys needed a win in the worst way, and would not find it in Norman, ultimately being handed a 71-49 blowout by Buddy Hield and co.
- Jeffrey Carroll being out tonight hurt the Cowboys. Obviously, being without your best two players already is an uphill battle. Losing Carroll means OSU loses a lot of offensive productivity.
- How good was Ryan Spangler? *barfs in shoe.* But seriously, Spangler had 26 pts. and 14 rebounds in his last Bedlam ever. OSU had no answer whatsoever. He did things like this:
- Speaking of last Bedlam's ever, Jeff Newberry... #22 did what he could to will the Cowboys to a Bedlam victory, but ultimately OSU just had no shot with the injuries and the talent OU possesses. Newberry had 19 pts. and 4 rebounds, which was overshadowed by the outcome. Sad to never get to see Newberry celebrate a Bedlam win.
- There is a reason that Chris Olivier wasn't starting most of the season, and you saw it tonight. He is good on the offensive end. Good. Nothing more. His defensive presence was non-existent, and Ryan Spangler feasted on him.
- Tavarius Shine is the most consistent player on the team. He got his first career start tonight, and had 11 and 5. You can count on him getting you those numbers every night.
- This game started out the same way Kansas did last week. Jumped out to a huge lead, watch it quickly evaporate, only to get blown out in the end. OSU was actually only down three at the end of the first half. OSU was outscored 44-25 after the break.
- What more is there to say about OSU basketball? I'm not gonna talk about Ford. I'm not gonna talk about Mike Holder. It's just become a very sad state of affairs in Gallagher Iba-Arena.
- CRFF held a Periscope feed for the game tonight. Overall, we had a lot of fun. We discussed the geography of Kansas, the offensive line, and Cowboy baseball. Oh, we talked a little about the game, too. Join us Saturday for West Virginia.
Ryan Spangler 7-for-8 in the first half including 4-for-4 from behind the arc.— Big 12 Conference (@Big12Conference) February 25, 2016
Sooners up 27-24 at half. https://t.co/HJdVpkPeUZ
All in all, Oklahoma State would expectedly fall to OU in Norman. The loss to OU makes it seven straight Bedlam wins for the Sooners.