Hey dudes. Were you too busy watching CNN, Fox News, MSNBC or Cartoon Network to keep up with the Cowboys? Don’t worry, I gotchu. It was a busy week for Oklahoma State athletics and the rest of the Big 12, so let’s get into it.
List of craziest roller coasters in America:
1) Fury 325 - Charlotte, North Carolina
2) Goliath - Valencia, California
3) Mean Streak - Sandusky, Ohio
4) The Incredible Hulk - Orlando, Florida
5) Kingda Ka - Jackson, New Jersey
6) Oklahoma State Basketball - Stillwater, Oklahoma
After losing the first six conference basketball games, the Pokes are on a 3-0 run and the fans are excited about Oklahoma State basketball again! Last week, the Cowboys pulled away from TCU and beat the tires off of Arkansas in this season’s SEC/Big12 Challenge.
Jeffrey Carroll continues to be the stabilizing force for this basketball team. Against TCU he had 19 points, 10 rebounds, an assist, a steal and a block. Against Arkansas he had 20 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal. Carroll seems to be the guy who has benefited most from Coach Underwood’s system.
This week, Jawun Evans has been playing like the star everyone has expected him to be. After an inefficient start to conference play, Evans has begun his reemergence as this team’s best player. In his past two games, Evans has scored 43 points on 15-of-25 shooting. He also added 16 assists, 9 rebounds and has only turned the ball over twice.
Oklahoma State’s leader in 3-point FG’s was dethroned on Saturday. Phil Forte overcame Keiton Page’s 299 career three pointers, and hit his 300th late in the second half against the Razorbacks.
Atta baby, Phil!
Davon Dillard is here, and he has come to take your SOUL! Dillard has been seeing increased minutes, and he is making the most of them. Dillard isn’t likely to go off for 30 points anytime soon, but his elite athleticism has given his team energy. He is pretty good at getting butts out of the seats in GIA.
It’s all about crootin’ right now, and Coach Gundy and staff have been busy making the final touches on the 2017 class, and diving into the 2018 class.
Junior Day was this past weekend, and Kyle Boone from Pistols Firing Blog did an outstanding job breaking down the “who’s who” at Junior Day. Also, we had two 2017 recruits on campus for their official visit, DT Enoch Smith Jr. and Cowboy Back Sione Finefeuiaki.
Thankful for the opportunity to have spent a weekend with such an amazing community. Thanks to the @CowboyFB staff for hosting a great trip!— Sione Finefeuiaki (@sione_9) January 29, 2017
Tyler Henderson, a tight end from Kyle, TX, was scheduled to make his official visit this weekend, but flipped his commitment to Baylor. After having one recruit signed on for the 2017 class for months, Baylor is gaining ground very quickly. They now have 23 total commitments.
Baseball & Other Stuff
- Baseball season is right around the corner, folks! After a successful 2016 season, the Cowboys have been ranked #18 in Baseball America’s pre-season ranks. Also, the TV schedule has been released. Stay tuned for some baseball previews as we get closer to first to the beginning of the season.
- Daniel Cormier is set to fight in UFC 210. I’m so glad we have Brandon Cain on staff. Wrestling/fighting is veryyyy foreign to me. Which is unfortunate, because as you know... we have a damn good wrestling program.
- Remember the Ten. Sixteen years have gone by since the plane crash, but we still remember. There will never be a better article commemorating the incident than the one Doug Gottlieb wrote in 2010.
Around the Big 12
There is a chance for Oklahoma State to move around the standings, with ISU, KSU, TTU and TCU all crowding the middle.
- Big 12 and SEC come up even during their basketball challenge. 5-5.
Look at that OU score! LOL! (<—lots of love)
What’s Been Happening at CRFF?
- Breaking news! Much to the anticipation of Dustin’s immediate family members and fiancee(?!?!), CRFF The Podcast is baaaaaack! They take a deep dive into what has been going on around Cowboy basketball, Coach Underwood, how annoying the nickname “Press Virginia” is, and a little Marcus Smart drama.
- We had two big time interviews with some incoming football recruits, Chuba Hubbard and Shamond “LC” Greenwood. Hubbard is a four star running back out of Edmonton, Alberta, and Greenwood is a four star wide receiver from Garland, TX.
TW: What was your favorite part of your visit?
LG: “I would have to say just getting to see every little part, but the food - even in the cafeteria.”
Watch out, LC. The “Freshman 15” is a real thing. Trust me, brother.
Also, I can hear it now...
Dave Hunziker: “Chuba’s at the 25, 20, 15, 10, 5! He’s pushed out at aboot the three yard line!”
John Holcomb: “That kid sure can scoot, eh?”
Yeah, I’m ready for the Canadian takeover.
Whats Going On This Week?
- Men’s basketball travels to Norman (1/30) and Morgantown (2/4).
- Women’s basketball hosts Texas (2/1) and OU (2/4).
- The OSU wrestlers are on the road this week at Edinboro (2/3) and Kent State (2/4). I just googled Edinboro, their team name is The Fighting Scots! DOPE! I NEED A T-SHIRT LIKE I NEED AIR TO BREATH! But Go Pokes and all that.
- The women’s tennis team travels to Tulsa University next Sunday. If you are in the area, you should go. They are ranked 5th in the nation!