Here’s a live look at tailgate prep in Morgantown:
We hope the Cowboys are laying off of the moonshine in preparation for their 11am kickoff at West Virginia. There aren’t many easy road trips in the Big 12 and Morgantown may top the list of most difficult places to play. Recent history in the series has been kind to the Pokes, okstate.com breaks down what’s at stake when Oklahoma State takes the field on Saturday:
An Oklahoma State Win Would...
- Give it three straight wins over West Virginia.
- Improve its record to 5-0 in true road games this season.
- Improve the Cowboys to 4-2 in their last six games against opponents ranked in the A.P. Poll.
- Give the Cowboys wins in 14 of their last 16 true road games.
- Give the Cowboys wins in 15 of their last 17 games overall.
- Mark the sixth time it has started 7-1 or better during the Mike Gundy era.
- Improve its all-time record against West Virginia to 5-4.-Improve Mike Gundy's record against West Virginia to 4-2.
- Improve Mike Gundy's career record in conference games to 67-40.
- Improve the Cowboys to 48-19 in Big 12 Conference games since 2010.
While West Virginia head coach Dana Holgerson didn’t spend much time in Stillwater, many credit him with influencing the basis of an offense OSU fans have grown to love.
"We probably know as much about Oklahoma State as we do anybody on our schedule. Oklahoma State probably knows as much about us as anybody on their schedule, so our job as coaches is to put our guys in the best situation that we possibly can, which we will do for this Saturday." - Dana Holgerson
Speaking of knowing your opponent, Defensive Coordinator Glenn Spencer knows he has a tall task in defending Holgerson’s offense. It sounds like part of his strategy for doing so includes matching him energy drink for energy drink:
Cowgirl Softball Wraps Up Fall Season
Coach Kenny Gajewski and Cowgirl Softball completed an 8-game fall schedule with a 26-0 drubbing of NOC Enid. Preparing for his third season in Stillwater, Coach Gajewski has been impressed with his squad:
“I'm happy with the way we played all fall. The defense has been really good, our pitching has really improved and the hitting was pretty good, but I think I'm most proud of our newcomers. We've put a lot on them to get them up to this pace and the speed of our game, and they've handled it really well.” - Kenny Gajewski
Complete results of the fall schedule can be found here.
Vincent Taylor Doing Vincent Taylor Things
He was called the “steal of the draft” after making a name for himself in Stillwater, not only making plays as a defensive tackle, but by blocking kicks and extra points. While his Dolphins fell 40-0 to the Ravens on Thursday night, the 6th-round draft pick added Baltimore kicker Justin Tucker to list of victims.
Keep it up Big Vince, Oklahoma State fans are proud of you!
That does it for this Orange Friday, be sure to keep up with all of our football coverage this weekend and Go Pokes!