OSU currently trails the Sooners 53-44, something I don’t think anyone realistically expected to see. Not even Sooner fans.
I wrote notes while I watched the first half. Here’s five of them.
- The Sooners had 53 first-half points. That’s more than they scored against West Virginia and Florida, total.
- 19 of OSU’s 34 first-half shots were threes, and they only made 7 of them. That’s not good. Not the misses, the number of attempts. Go to the rim. A team that shoots as well as it does from the free throw line, needs to get to the line more.
- OU shot 57% in the first half. At one point that was 62%. That can’t continue... can it? Joel doesn’t think so.
@OKTXARPoke law of averages should work back in our favor...but who knows— Joel Penfield (@joeliopenfield) February 19, 2017
- The fans were fantastic in the first half. I could feel the energy through my television. If OSU can retake the lead in the second half, they might get the loudest they’ve been all season.
- OSU IS STILL IN THIS GAME. They’re going to have to lock down on defense, and stop playing sloppy. 6 turnovers and 14 fouls won’t get it done in the second half.