Oklahoma State is currently trailing Iowa State at the half 40-39. To be honest, that’s a lot better than I thought it would be before the game started.
I had a lot of thoughts during the first 20 minutes, but decided to narrow it down to what I thought were the best five.
- I would love to know the average number of put-backs Mitchell Solomon misses a game. He has really improved this season, grabs rebounds and plays some respectable defense. But under the basket, with the ball, I always pray he gets fouled. How is it a guy is more reliable at the free throw line than under the basket?
- Did Iowa State’s students sit at all in the first half? That’s impressive. There’s a reason the Hilton Coliseum is such a difficult place to win, especially on senior night. Don’t get me wrong, they can get really annoying...
Stunned disbelief and incessant booing are just part of playing in Hilton. It's what makes it great!— CRFF (@CowboysRFF) March 1, 2017
*he said with heavy sarcasm*
...but I will hand it to them for being one of the most present fan bases. If OSU gets GIA to that level, look out.
- There IS such a thing as the announcer jinx, despite claims to the contrary by the announcers. Thanks for killing our free-throw streak, ESPN.
- Who do you trust more shooting a mid range jumper, Averette or Evans? Evans going to the bucket is the best move Oklahoma State has. Averette is statistically better from deep by FAR. Who do you trust more shooting a jumper? I think it’s Averette.
- Iowa State went 10-19 from three, and Oklahoma State is only down one point at half. That’s amazing. OSU wasn’t bad, hitting 6-of-10, but it’s the free throws that are keeping the Cowboys in the game. They’re 5-6 compared to 2-4 for Iowa State. That’s not about the reffing, it’s about OSU going to the hoop more than ISU. They need to keep doing that in the second half.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.