Well Cowboy fans, our chance to watch a football game in Boone Pickens Stadium is nearly here!
Tomorrow at 1 p.m. the Orange and Black teams will face off against each other as fans get their last look at the team for the spring.
Don’t expect to see a lot of any of last year’s starters, as the Spring Game is typically for the younger guys.
- Mason Rudolph, James Washington and Jalen McCleskey are all on the orange team. I’m guessing they will play the first series and call it a day.
- Zach Sinor, this year’s Heisman dark horse, is also on the orange team. No offense to Zach, but I hope he doesn’t have to punt all day.
- We will see Keenen Brown in the Cowboy Back spot.
- Taylor Cornelius and Josh Green round out the QBs. I expect to see a lot of Green. Gundy knows what Cornelius can do. Expect the second half to be Green’s.
- Ramon Richards makes his debut at safety on the orange team. I think he will play more than the rest of the “well knowns” simply because the more reps he can get at his new position, the better.
- With Justice Hill out, look for Jeff Carr to get a lot of work in. He and La’Darren Brown will man the backfield.
- John Kolar, Keondre Wudtee and Jelani Woods are the QBs here. Tough to guess how much playing time each will get. Maybe Woods gets reps in the “18 wheeler” package that Tyron Swoops used for Texas last year?
- Tyron Johnson and Marcell Ateman highlight the WR corps for the black team. I don’t expect either to play much, leaving Cole McKnight, Mitchell Perkinson and Landon Wolf to wow the crowd from the outside.
- Brad Lundblade will start on the black team. It’s odd that Gundy would separate Rudolph and his favorite center, but it’s not that big of a deal considering they both will likely have an easy afternoon.
- Highly toted JUCO transfer Patrick Macon will line up in the LB position for the black team.
- Ja’Ron Wilson and Jakeen Johnson will share snaps at the RB position.
You can listen to the game on the Cowboy Radio Network. We will be tweeting throughout the game live from BPS, as well as posting on Snapchat. Follow us (@CowboysRFF) as we watch Orange vs. Black in the 2017 Oklahoma State Spring Game!