Why I Wear Orange. (aka, Why I'm an OSU Fan)
- The color is a symbol, something that brings all of us together.
- Orange is that day that you moved into the dorms as a freshman – with the lines for the elevator and overall electricity about the campus.
- It’s meeting those friends that would stick with you for life.
- It’s remembering those dorm buildings, even though they may not be there anymore.
- It’s wearing orange the Friday before that first game – and every Friday after that.
- It’s Barry Sanders, John Smith, Garth Brooks, Mike Gundy, Eddie Sutton, Desmond Mason, Brandon Weeden, T. Boone Pickens…it’s you and me.
- Orange is putting your arm around the shoulder of the stranger next to you to sing the Alma Mater.
- It’s watching the most beautiful black horse race down a football field.
- It’s making the switch to saying "Power" instead of "Orange."
- It’s remembering Lewis Field, and admiring Boone Pickens Stadium.
- It’s being proud of your coach for standing up for his player – even when the rest of the country frowned upon it.
- Orange is being a Man, because you’re 40.
- It’s knowing that it’s left hand up to make an "S."
- Orange is when it’s good for a Cowboy First Down and Ten.
- Orange is Pistols Firing – Touchdown Oklahoma State.
- Orange is being at the parking lot as soon as they drop the chains, so the tailgating can start.
- Orange is the first crack of a beer on the first morning of the first game of a season.
- It’s "O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A Oklahoma STATE" no matter where you are when the state song is played.
- Orange is welcoming fans from other teams with a good-natured ribbing but always being good-natured in victory and in defeat.
- Orange is being proud of our heritage but never rubbing it in.
- Orange is a tragic night in Colorado and remembering those that were lost.
- It’s the big smile on your face when you walk past the orange fountain.
- It’s going back to the place you worked in college – and remembering it as the best job you ever had even though it paid the least.
- Orange is never, ever forgetting the words to Friends in Low Places.
- It’s cheese fries (with bacon!) and a Fowl Thang.
- It’s a cabinet full of Joe’s cups.
- It’s knowing that you are different because your blood matches your orange t-shirt.
- Orange is knowing that it’s time to go home when you hear "New York, New York" or "Shoulda Been a Cowboy."
- Orange is the one you tried to let down easy. And the one you’ll never forget.
- Orange is wanting to get out of Stillwater for four years – and spending the rest of your life wanting to go back.
- Orange is knowing deep down inside, that no matter what happens, OU will always suck.
Proud and Immortal,
Bright shines your name.
We herald your fame.
Ever you’ll find us,
Loyal and true.
To our Alma Mater
O – S – U!