While we still have a few months to wait for the start of college football, it looks like we won’t have to wait as long as other teams.
The Big 12 announced multiple start dates and times for next season’s games. That includes the announcement that Oklahoma State has moved the dates of two of its games.
The Cowboys’ season opener against Tulsa will now take place on Thursday, August 31st at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised by FS1.
The following Friday, September 8th, the Cowboys travel to Mobile, Alabama to take on South Alabama at 7 p.m., in a game televised by ESPN 2.
Where as last season Oklahoma State football had one prime time regular season game, this season the Cowboys' first two games will be on primetime in front of a nationally televised audience.
The league also announced that the game against Pittsburgh on Sept. 16 will be an 11 a.m. kickoff at Heinz Field.
Finally, Bedlam football will either be televised by Fox or FS1.
With all of that, here’s what the schedule looks like now:
- Tulsa | Thursday, Aug. 31st, 6:30 p.m. | FS1
- @ South Alabama | Friday, Sept. 8th, 7 p.m. | ESPN2
- @Pittsburgh | Saturday, Sept. 16th, 11 a.m. | ABC or ESPN2
- TCU | Saturday, Sept. 23rd, TBA
- @ Texas Tech | Saturday, Sept. 30th TBA
- Baylor | Saturday, Oct. 14th TBA
- @ Texas | Saturday, Oct. 21st TBA
- @ West Virginia | Saturday, Oct. 28th TBA
- Oklahoma | Saturday, Nov. 4th TBA | FOX or FS1
- @ Iowa State | Saturday, Nov. 11th TBA
- Kansas State | Saturday, Nov. 18th TBA
- Kansas | Saturday, Nov. 25th TBA
With all the exciting football news released today, it begs the question: Is it Aug. 31 yet?