My apologies for the late installment of FNH for this week. One man who won’t apologize is Xavier Ross on Twitter after beating Waxahachie by all of the points. Check out how everyone else did last week below.
Brendan Costello, Quarterback
Costello impressed last week as San Clemente picked up a 24-14 win over Tesoro. The future Cowboy completed 24 of his 35 passes for 222 yards and two scores. He added 100 yards on the ground on 11 attempts, including 52-yard touchdown run with two minutes left to put the game away.
Thomas Harper, Athlete
Harper had what was probably his least impressive week thus far in a 48-7 loss to Oak Ridge. However, that term “least impressive” isn’t to be taken very seriously considering Harper has put up monster numbers all season. Last week, the versatile athlete finished with five catches for 43 yards and a score while adding nine tackles on defense. Here are Harper’s numbers for the year ⬇️
Karns Ath Thomas Harper— Chris Smith (@CSmithScout) September 29, 2018
Season Stats (Thru 7 Games) .....58 rec for 951 yds & 14 Td's....Avg. 135.9 yds per game; 16.4 yds per catch; 1,112 All-purpose yds...
Def/ST: 52 tackles, 38 solo, 1.5 tfl, 3 passed def, 2 forced fum & 1 blocked FG....#OklaSt Commit...#EastTN19 #CSS pic.twitter.com/zdtfsw4BdH
Xavier Ross, Defensive Tackle
Ross and the Cedar Hill defense limited a normally explosive Waxahachie offense to just 28 points last week in a 78-28 blowout win. Ross finished with five tackles on the night. The Longhorns have cruised to a 5-0 start in one of DFW’s toughest districts and will travel to Mansfield to take on Summit next week.
Kamryn Farrar, Linebacker
Oklahoma State’s most recent commitment was all over the field last week, recording several tackles in Dallas Skyline’s 55-44 win over Lake Highlands. His hudl highlight for this game is nearly two minutes long and he records at least five tackles and got good pressure on the quarterback. Here are his highlights for the season.
Xavier Player, Cornerback
Cibolo Steele took down Clemons 21-7 behind a dominant performance from the Knight defense. Player finished with five tackles including some nice open field tackles. Steele moves to 3-2 before a showdown with San Marcos next week.
- Booker T Washington fell to 2-3 with a 21-7 loss to Bixby last week. Maxpreps shows that Demarco Jones finished with no tackles but had a 55-yard pass on offense. Couldn’t find any video or mention of it on the twitters but uh... congrats Demarco?
- Collinsville took down Memorial 54-6 to improve to 5-0 on the season. Stats for Grayson Boomer are still nowhere to be found.
- Jayden Jernigan and Allen kept their perfect season rolling with a 54-14 drubbing of McKinney.
- Kody Waltersheid kept Muenster perfect with a 37-6 win over Valley View.
- Isreal Isuman-Hundley recorded one tackle in a 47-7 Colleyville Heritage win over Newman Smith.