St. John Bosco did St. John Bosco things to end Costello’s high school career, Ross and Farrar nearly got a first round playoff matchup against each other and more. The football season is officially winding down and playoffs are kicking in to high gear. Here’s your weekly recruit update!
Brendan Costello, Quarterback
San Clemente’s season came to an end last Friday at the hands of a 56-6 drubbing from St. John Bosco, the top ranked high school team in America. The Tritons didn’t enter stats from this game, but they were able to ruin the Braves shutout with a 17-yard touchdown strike as time expired. While it probably wasn’t the ending that Costello wanted, he did get to end his high school career by throwing a touchdown pass. Welcome home Cowboy!
Just check out Costello’s playoff road
8 teams left in CA southern section D1 including @tritonfootball. 6 of 8 remaining teams are nationally ranked. #1,2,6,8,20,21 San Clemente is far from just QB’s and has lot’s of slept on college players. Let’s go coaches. https://t.co/foTDWmVdjZ pic.twitter.com/GQ778Q4ugm— Brendan Costello (@brendancostello) November 5, 2018
Xavier Ross, Defensive Tackle
Cedar Hill won the “Battle of Belt Line” 32-17 against rival DeSoto last week to secure the District 7-6A title. Ross finished with six tackles (four for loss) and two sacks to earn Dallas Morning News defensive player-of-the-week honorable mention honors. The Longhorns will face Richardson Pearce in the first round of the playoffs this week.
#TTHL pic.twitter.com/bSMxpGqFjJ— Cedar Hill TTHL (@TheHillTthlFB) November 12, 2018
Xavier Player, Defensive Back
Cibolo Steele rounded out its season with a 36-10 win over East Central. Player finished with five tackles on the night to help the Knights close out their season with a senior night win. They’ll take on Austin Bowie in the first round next week.
Jayden Jernigan, Defensive Tackle
Allen handed Plano West a 63-7 loss to cap off yet another perfect regular season. Jernigan had a handful of tackles as you can see below. The Eagles will start their quest to defend their state title by taking on Rowlett in round one.
- Trace Ford’s season comes to an end as Edmond Sante Fe fell 31-6 to Tulsa Union in the state quarterfinals (this is also round one for 6A in Oklahoma...) last Friday. Welcome home Cowboy!
- Kody Waltersheid and Muenster defeated Windthorst 52-21 to round out the year. The Hornets will start their state title defense against Mt. Enterprise in round one this week.
- Grayson Boomer and Collinsville rolled over Ada 41-7 in round one last week. Next up for the Cardinals is Guthrie in the 5A quarterfinals.
- Isreal Isuman-Hundley and Colleyville Heritage took down Denton 49-21 last week. The Panthers finish at 5-5 (4-3) to narrowly earn a playoff berth and will face Azle in round one this week.
- Demarco Jones and Booker T Washington beat Del City 27-8 last week to advance to a state semifinals matchup with undefeated Stillwater and Gunnar Gundy. ( )
- Kamryn Farrar and Dallas Skyline beat Richardson Peace 28-27 to earn a playoff matchup and a first round date with DeSoto, just barely missing a showdown with Xavier Ross and Cedar Hill.