Jayden Jernigan and the Allen defense keeps on rolling to keep the top ranked Eagles undefeated, Brendan Costello wins a playoff game (just wait ‘til you see whose up next ) and Cedar Hill was locked in another defensive battle. Check out week 11 here!
Brendan Costello, Quarterback
After suffering an injury in San Clemente’s regular season finale, Costello was able to use the bye week to get healthy for the first round of the playoffs. San Clemente took on Murrieta Valley on Friday, a team they had lost to 55-38 earlier in the season. The Tritons were dominant, leading the Nighthawks (what a mascot!) 42-13 after three quarters and coming out with a 49-26 victory.
Costello had an efficient night, completing 13 of his 18 passes for 256 yards a score. The dual-threat quarterback was equally as impressive on the ground, totaling 62 yards and two touchdowns on eight carries. As a reward for their first round blowout, San Clemente will get to travel to Bellflower, CA next week to take on national powerhouse St. John Bosco in round two. The Tritons have won six straight and Bosco is ranked as the No. 1 team in the nation.
Xavier Ross, Defensive Tackle
Cedar Hill took down Mansfield 10-7 in a defensive battle last week to solidify a playoff spot in District 7-6A. Ross finished with three tackles, all for loss. Cedar Hill is allowing less than 10 points per game for the season as one of the most dominant defenses in Texas. The Longhorns have a big matchup with rival DeSoto on the road next week to close out the regular season.
Ross is hard to miss in those green cleats ⬇️
Here’s a little video of a great game between Mansfield and Cedar Hill from The Old Coach.
Xavier Player, Defensive Back
Cibolo Steele took down Canyon 44-14 last week to stay alive in District 26-6A. Player finished with six tackles (four solo) in the blowout win. They’ll wrap up the season next week against East Central in a game that will be important for playoff seeding.
Jayden Jernigan, Defensive End
Jernigan helped lead a dominant Allen defense to a 54-21 win over a good Prosper team that is now 7-2. Allen continues to roll as the top team in the state of Texas and will close out a likely undefeated regular season next week at home against Plano West.
Check out Jernigan’s highlights against Prosper.
Here are some more cinematic highlights from the game in general.
- Trace Ford and Edmond Santa Fe picked up their third loss of the season, losing 31-20 to Norman. The Wolves will get Tulsa Union (gulp) next.
- Kody Waltersheid and Muenster did Muenster things, beating Era 49-6.
- Grayson Boomer and Collinsville rolled 57-0 over Will Rodgers College (yes, this is a high school, not a small D3 college) to move to 10-0.
- Isreal Isuman-Hundley and Colleyville Heritage lost to Birdville 51-24 to fall to 4-5 on the year.
- Demarco Jones and Booker T took down Page 48-21 to move to 7-3.
- Kamryn Farrar and Dallas Skyline beat Berkner 42-14 to win its 4th in a row and will be 6-2 heading in to the season finale with Richardson Pearce next week.