Come to see how badly Bixby beat its opponent this week and stay for an impressive catch-and-run highlight from Brennan Presley as we recap how Cowboy commits performed in week nine.
Shane Illingworth, Quarterback
Norco sprinted past Roosevelt 56-7 in week nine to move to 7-2 on the year.
It was an interesting night for Illingworth. The future Cowboy put up good numbers — 221 yards and four touchdowns — but completed just nine of his 21 passes.
With the game well in hand by halftime, it was a short night for Illingworth. Backup Kyle Crum saw plenty of time and the Cougars kept the ball on the ground 41 times compared to 26 passes.
The stats never say too much in a game like this, and Norco will round out its season this week at home against Corona before playoffs begin.
Brennan Presley, Athlete
With a 75-0 win over Page, Bixby keeps its perfect record of 30+ point blowouts in 2019. The Spartans are outscoring their opponents 476-81 this season, which is an average of around 60-10. Considering Mansfield Timberview scored 44 of those 81 points, the Spartans dominance in Oklahoma has been off the charts.
I wanted to throw those numbers in to keep from sounding monotonous in regards to Presley’s stat line. He had his fifth game of over 100 yards and seventh game of over 90 yards in the win, finishing with six catches for 130 yards and two scores.
In addition to Presley’s big night, Jordan Reagan finished with one tackle and largely shut down Sandites offense, holding them to no points. Bixby will likely cruise past Shawnee and Muskogee in the next two weeks as they barrel toward the state championships — to this point in the season, there is no reason to think they won’t.
Tell me he’s not the best wide receiver recruit in the state — tell me!
@richboygfx pic.twitter.com/HDZ8JgUDg9— Brennan Presley (@bprezzle) October 27, 2019
- Matt Polk finished with three catches for 47 yards in a 66-0 win for Saguaro (AZ) against Seton Catholic.
- (OL) Eli Russ and Plainview (OK) beat Lone Grove 26-6.
- (OL) Trent Pullen and (CB) Korie Black helped Waco Connally (TX) remain perfect with a 40-35 win Fairfield. Connally is ranked No. 2 in the state, playing in Class 4A Division II, by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football.
- (TE) Quinton Stewart and Salina Central (KS) took down Hays 35-3.
- (OL) Cade Bennett and Notre Dame Prep (AZ) bounced back from last week’s overtime loss with a 60-0 win against North Canyon.
- (DT) Sawyer Goram-Welch recorded three tackles as Longview (TX) stayed perfect with a 55-0 shutout of North Mesquite.
- (CB) Jabbar Muhammad had four tackles for DeSoto (TX) as the Eagles were upset by Mansfield Summit 27-26.
- (LB) Cole Thompson and Norman (OK) lost to Jenks 49-25.
- (LB) Jeff Roberson and Choctaw (OK) went on the road to take down Lawton 40-35.
- (DT) Grant Mahon and Denton Guyer (TX) beat Eaton 56-20.
- (S) Zach Middleton helped Bishop Kelley (OK) shut-out Ada 13-0.
- (DE) Tyren Irby had five tackles, including a sack, for Northwest Mississippi CC in a 22-21 loss to Itawamba.