Nearly every recruit still playing football won their first round playoff game. Check out who won and who the second round opponents will be for each committed Cowboy.
Brennan Presley, Athlete
Bixby was tasked with facing Midwest City in round one of the OSSAA playoffs, and the Bombers were able to play Bixby closer than any team not named Booker T. Washington. The Spartans only won 42-10.
Presley had a relatively quiet night with eight catches for 56 yards. The story of the night was Presley’s little brother Braylin rushing for 230 yards and four touchdowns on 21 carries as Bixby sprinted past Midwest City.
Braylin, a sophomore, picked up his first offer from William & Mary earlier this month, and could be on Oklahoma State’s radar come his senior year. Jordan Reagan had five tackles for the Spartans in the win as well. Bixby will face Del City in round two before what will likely be a showdown with Stillwater for the 6A Division II state championship.
Grant Mahon, Defensive Tackle
I mentioned on the twitters that I would throw this picture in here because it’s pretty great. Mahon finished with five tackles, including two for loss, while having a hand that looks like this!
Denton Guyer picked up a 50-30 win against Hebron and will face a good Cedar Hill squad in round two.
- OL Eli Russ and Plainview (OK) extended its season with a 49-15 win against Marshall. They’ll face Checotah in round two.
- OL Trent Pullen and CB Korie Black helped Connally (TX) to a 42-21 win over Canton. The Cadets will take on Spring Hill in round two.
- WR Matt Polk and Saguaro (AZ) beat Horizon 49-3. The Sabercats will play Hamilton in round two.
- OL Cade Bennett and Notre Dame Prep (AZ) took down Cienega 45-6. They’ll play Campo Verde in round two.
- DL Sawyer Goram-Welch and Longview (TX) started a little slow before blowing out Temple 41-10. Goram-Welch will look to slow down EJ Smith, son of NFL Hall-of-Famer Emmitt Smith, as the Lobos take on Dallas Jesuit in round two.
- CB Jabbar Muhammad and DeSoto (TX) beat Skyline 44-6 in round one. The Eagles will face nationally ranked Southlake Carroll in round two.
- LB Cole Thompson and Norman (OK) fell 52-14 against nationally ranked Owasso in round one. Congratulations to Cole on a great prep career!
- LB Jeff Roberson and Choctaw (OK) squeaked past Muskogee 29-21 in round one. They’ll face Stillwater in round two.
- S Zach Middleton and Bishop Kelley (OK) blanked Collinsville 27-0 on the road. They’ll face Noble in round two.
Because of the lack of stats and highlights, this will be the last week of Friday Night Highlights until the end of the season. At that point, we’ll have a post wrapping up the season, as many of these recruits still have a lot to be decided. In that post, you’ll be able to find stats, highlight videos and more for the players that have those things available. Check back then!