Oklahoma State’s golf team is good. Really good. They deserve quality coverage on Cowboys Ride For Free, the best Oklahoma State blog on the internet.
If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love Oklahoma State and the community here at Cowboys Ride For Free. We’re looking for someone to join our team to cover Oklahoma State sports with us, with a focus on golf. This is a part-time, remote, contract opportunity compensated with a monthly stipend. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for Oklahoma State sports and news and will already be familiar with Cowboys Ride For Free.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to write knowledgeably and accurately about golf.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous experience writing about sports and specifically golf is preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, submit a resume, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate for this role, and a sports-related writing sample via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you have questions about this role, the application process, or Cowboys Ride For Free or SB Nation in general, contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s senior talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. If your experience and qualifications do not exactly align with what we’re looking for, but you believe you can thrive in one of the roles, we encourage you to apply.