Do you love Oklahoma State? Are you up to date on the latest and greatest basketball recruiting news? Then we may have a perfect opportunity for you.
Cowboys Ride For Free is hiring a writer to cover basketball recruiting. There will be opportunities to write about other Oklahoma State sports, including football, but basketball recruiting will be the primary focus. This is a remote, part-time, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend.
Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What qualifications should you have?
- Have a passion for Oklahoma State sports and news and will already be familiar with Cowboys Ride For Free.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to write knowledgeably and accurately about basketball recruiting and Oklahoma State sports.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous experience writing about sports and specifically basketball recruiting is preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing experience, and a basketball recruiting-related writing sample via the Vox Media careers page. All three items must be submitted to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Cowboys Ride For Free is committed to bringing you coverage of the Cowboys from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.