Week three saw several good games and a stellar performance from Shane Illingworth. Come for the Illingworth highlights, stay for Brennan Presley squatting all the weights.
Shane Illingworth, Quarterback
Another week, another Norco win and another stellar performance for Shane Illingworth. The Cougars beat Vista Murrieta 49-28 last week behind 567 yards and seven scores through the air from the future Cowboy.
For perspective, Norco ran the ball 28 times for 87 yards. That’s 3.7 yards-per-carry. Illingworth’s 567 passing yards on 30 attempts is good for 18.9 yards-per-attempt. He completed 24 of those 30 passes, good for 80 percent and 23.6 yards-per-completion. Averaging more than 23 yards per completion across 24 completed passes is sick.
Check out some of Illingworth’s touchdown strikes below.
Checked out Norco High School quarterback Shane Illingworth (@shane_wayne0411) last night. The #OKState commit threw for 7 TD’s & 567 yards in his team’s 49-28 win. I’ll have a story on his Cowboy connections soon ... pic.twitter.com/A0nd12pEEW— Nate Feken (@TheGreat_Nate) September 14, 2019
Brennan Presley, Athlete
Bixby had its bye week, but I wanted an excuse to include this ridiculous video of Presley squatting no less than one billion pounds.
Presley was named “Athlete Of The Week” by News 6 for his efforts against Jenks in week two. The Spartans will take on Putnam City on the road on Friday.
- Choctaw pulls away from Eisenhower for a 50-25 win, thanks in part to this 66-yard touchdown catch from Jeff Roberson.
- Grant Mahon missed Denton Guyer’s 55-7 win against North Crowley, but could return against Keller Central after the Wildcats bye week.
Just like Saturday, Guyer will be without defensive lineman and Oklahoma State commit Grant Mahon, as well as starting cornerback Jaden Fugett.— Reece Waddell (@ReeceWaddell15) September 12, 2019
Mahon is dealing with an ankle injury and Fugett an elbow. John Walsh said earlier this week they’re both close to returning. #txhsfb
- Trent Pullen and Korie Black helped Waco Connally (TX) take down China Spring 21-20.
- Cole Thompson and Norman boat-raced Deer Creek 49-7.
- Jabbar Muhammad recorded three tackles in DeSoto’s 49-0 win against Bishop Dunne.
- Quinton Stewart and Salina Central (KS) got shutout by Derby, 49-0.
- Eli Russ and Plainview lost a close one at Tuttle, 35-28.
- Cade Bennet helped Notre Dame Prep (AZ) to a 35-21 win against Apollo.
- Zach Middleton and Bishop Kelley fell to Bishop McGuinness in the battle of the Bishops, 41-14.
- Monroe Mills and Father Tolton (MO) lost to St. Francis Borgia 35-14.