Parts of the schedule were already known from various announcements and leaks, but the full schedule confirms head coach Mike Boynton has set up another challenging and entertaining collection of games for his team.
The schedule features as many as seven teams that played in postseason tournaments last season, including five that went to the NCAA tournament with Yale, Syracuse, Minnesota, Ole Miss and Houston. NIT participants Georgetown and Wichita State are also on the schedule.
The Cowboys will open the season Nov. 6 at home against in-state rival Oral Roberts, in the first meeting between the two teams since former Gold Eagles head coach Scott Sutton joined the OSU coaching staff.
After a match-up against Missouri-Kansas City, OSU will visit Charleston. The Cowboys beat the Cougars 70-58 last year at home in the AdvoCare Invitational.
The Cowboys will return home to face Yale and Western Michigan as part of the NIT Season Tip-Off before heading to Brooklyn, New York, to take part in the early season tournament, and begin the most difficult stretch of the schedule. OSU will open against Syracuse before facing Ole Miss or Penn State.
A trip back to Stillwater for the inaugural showdown between the Big 12 and Big East will feature Georgetown before the first of a four-game series against Wichita State.
OSU then heads back on the road to face Houston before a stop in Tulsa to take on Minnesota at the BOK Center as part of a double header that includes Tulsa and Colorado State.
The Cowboys wrap up the 2019 stretch of their non-con schedule with a home game against Southeastern Louisiana.
There’s no word yet on who OSU will face in the Big 12/SEC Challenge on Jan. 25, but it’s expected to be a road game.
- Oral Roberts (GIA / Nov. 6)
- University of Missouri - Kansas City (GIA / Nov. 9)
- at Charleston (Charleston, SC / Nov. 13)
- Yale | NIT Season Tip-Off campus game (GIA / Nov. 17)
- Western Michigan | NIT Season Tip-Off campus game (GIA / Nov. 22)
- vs. Syracuse | NIT Season Tip-Off (Brooklyn / Wed. Nov. 27)
- vs. Ole Miss or Penn State | NIT Season Tip-Off (Brooklyn / Fri. Nov. 29)
- Georgetown | Big 12/Big East Challenge (GIA / Dec. 4)
- Wichita State (GIA / Dec. 8)
- at Houston (Houston, TX / Dec. 14)
- vs. Minnesota (BOK Center / Dec. 21)
- Southeastern Louisiana (GIA / Dec. 29)
- Opponent TBA | Big 12 /SEC Challenge (Road game / Jan. 25)