For the second time this offseason, Kolby Harvell-Peel has been named to a watch list for a national award.
The Oklahoma State junior safety, who was previously named to watch list for the Bednarik Award, was named Monday to the watch list for the Jim Thorpe Award, which honors college football’s best defensive back.
Harvell-Peel had 71 tackles — including three for loss — with one sack, five interceptions, 13 passes defended, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in 2019. He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors and was named the Bob Fenimore Award winner as OSU’s most valuable player.
Three other Big 12 defensive backs made the watch list: Iowa State’s Greg Eisworth, Texas’ Caden Sterns and TCU’s Trevon Moehrig.
OSU on 2020 preseason watch lists
- Kolby Harvell-Peel (Bednarik Award, Jim Thorpe Award)
- Spencer Sanders (Davey O’Brien Award)
- Chuba Hubbard (Doak Walker Award)
- Tylan Wallace (Fred Biletnikoff Award)
- Jelani Woods (John Mackey Award)
- Amen Ogbongbemiga (Lott IMPACT Trophy, Butkus Award)
- Malcolm Rodriguez (Butkus Award)