For the second time in as many days and the third time this offseason, Kolby Harvell-Peel has been named to a watch list for a national award.
The Oklahoma State junior safety was named Tuesday to the preseason watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which honors college football’s best defensive player. Harvell-Peel is also on the Chuck Bednarik Award and Jim Thorpe Award watch lists.
Harvell-Peel had 71 tackles — including three for loss — with one sack, five interceptions, 13 passes defended, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in 2019. He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors and was named the Bob Fenimore Award winner as OSU’s most valuable player.
Harvell-Peel is one of 12 players from the Big 12 on the Bronko Nagurksi watch list: Baylor’s Terrel Bernard, Iowa State’s Jaquan Bailey and Greg Eisworth, Kansas State’s Wyatt Hubert, Oklahoma’s Ronnie Perkins, TCU’s Trevon Moehrig and Garret Wallow, Texas’ Joseph Ossai and Caden Sterns and West Virginia’s Dante Stills and Darius Stills.
OSU on 2020 preseason watch lists
- Kolby Harvell-Peel (Chuck Bednarik Award, Jim Thorpe Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy)
- Spencer Sanders (Davey O’Brien Award)
- Chuba Hubbard (Doak Walker Award)
- Tylan Wallace (Fred Biletnikoff Award)
- Jelani Woods (John Mackey Award)
- Amen Ogbongbemiga (Lott IMPACT Trophy, Butkus Award)
- Malcolm Rodriguez (Butkus Award)