Chuba Hubbard has been named to the watch list for the Wuerffel Trophy, which honors “college football players who serve others, celebrate their positive impact on society, and inspire greater service in the world.”
The Oklahoma State running back has been active this summer advocating for social justice reform and encouraged others to speak out on the Black Lives Matter movement.
Hubbard is one of 114 nominees for the Wuerffel Trophy, including 14 players from the Big 12 to make the watch list: Baylor’s Terrel Bernard, Iowa State’s Brock Purdy, Kansas’ Api Mane and Chris Hughes, Kansas State’s Skylar Thompson, Oklahoma’s Caleb Kelly, TCU’s Kellton Hollins and Garret Wallow, Texas’ Sam Ehlinger, Texas Tech’s Zech McPhearson and West Virginia’s Jarret Doeger, Sam James and Sean Mahone.
OSU on 2020 preseason watch lists
- Kolby Harvell-Peel (Chuck Bednarik Award, Jim Thorpe Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy)
- Spencer Sanders (Davey O’Brien Award)
- Chuba Hubbard (Doak Walker Award, Wuerffel Trophy)
- Tylan Wallace (Fred Biletnikoff Award)
- Jelani Woods (John Mackey Award)
- Amen Ogbongbemiga (Lott IMPACT Trophy, Butkus Award)
- Malcolm Rodriguez (Butkus Award)