Oklahoma State fans will need more than a ticket to attend football games this fall at Boone Pickens Stadium.
They’ll also need a mask to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
With the release of the Cowboys’ revised football schedule, OSU announced fan safety measures Wednesday for BPS.
According to a release sent to season ticket holders, there is currently no amount of fans that will be allowed into BPS, but a “full reseat with spacing between seat blocks will occur soon to allow us to host fans for the 2020 season.” Based on spacing between seating, it can be concluded BPS’ 55,509 capacity will be reduced.
The Big 12 conference stated Wednesday morning “stadium capacities will be determined by each member institution in accordance with local and/or state health ordinances, and working with government officials.”
OSU’s safety guidelines include mobile tickets for game entry and parking passes, added spacing between seated groups, mask requirements and plexiglass at concession stands.
One element that will be missing from the fan experience will be tailgaiting, which OSU banned. The POSSE parking lots will open two-and-half hours before kickoff to minimize crowding.
The cool zone area on the plaza level in the west end zone will also be closed to “discourage large gatherings.”
The Cowboys will host six games this season, starting with its opener against Tulsa on Sept. 12.
OSU’s new safety measures
Mobile ticketing and parking
- No tickets or parking passes for the club level or main stadium bowl area will be printed and mailed from OSU Athletics.
- Fans are encouraged to download their tickets and parking passes to their mobile device prior to arriving to Boone Pickens Stadium through their Account Manager.
- If a printed option is preferred, then fans can print their tickets and parking pass from home, also through Account Manager.
- For a detailed guide on mobile ticketing, click HERE (PDF).
- For more, visit am.ticketmaster.com/okstate.
- Both Oklahoma State University and the city of Stillwater have ordinances in place for people to wear face coverings in public spaces in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. This applies to Boone Pickens Stadium, as well.
- Acceptable face coverings include R95, KN95, dust masks, procedural masks, cotton bandanas, neck gaiters, running buffs and some tightly woven scarves. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.
Clear bag policy
- Fans are limited to one bag per person with a small clutch bag for privacy.
- The following bags are approved for entry: Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”; Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC drawstring bags no larger than 12” x 12”; Clear one-gallon storage bags; A small clutch purse approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap. The largest permissible size is 4.5” x 6.5”
- The following bags will be permitted with inspection: Diaper bags with an accompanying child will be searched and tagged upon entry; Bags larger than approved sized for medical necessities will be searched and tagged upon entry.