We are in the height of recruiting season with players making visits, coaches handing out offers and the start of the late signing period for the class of 2020 growing ever closer.
With so much going on, we want to quickly run the latest on Oklahoma State Cowboys football recruiting.
OSU out of options at running back
OSU’s top two remaining running back targets for 2020, athlete Corey Wren and RB Kevontre Bradford, both committed elsewhere. In a move that most predicted, Wren announced his commitment to Florida State on Sunday night. It wasn’t too long after that Bradford verbally committed to LSU.
It leaves OSU in a tough spot. While they get Chuba Hubbard back for 2020, they’ll head into 2021 with three running backs on scholarship; redshirt senior Dezmon Jackson, redshirt sophomore Deondrick Glass and Zach Middelton, who will reportedly play running back, but could end up all over the field.
This will be something to keep an eye on moving forward.
- Lamont Bishop. Class of 2020 linebacker from Iowa Central CC who was on an official visit to OSU this past weekend. He had 39 tackles, including five tackles for loss, and one sack, and one interception and one forced fumble. He also has offers from Marshall, Southern Miss, UAB and a couple FCS programs.
- Raneiria Dillworth. Three-star OLB from Glenn High in Kernersville (NC) is currently ranked as the 25th best prospect as his position in the 2021 class. He has 20 offers, including from OSU, Auburn, Florida, FSU, Louisville, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and West Virginia among others.
- J.Michael Sturdivant. Three-star wide receiver in the 2021 class. This past season playing for Marcus High in Flower Mound, Texas, he nabbed 87 catches for 1,125 yards and 10 touchdowns. He holds 14 offers, including OSU, Arkansas, Colorado, FSU, Georgia Tech, Purdue and TCU among others.
- Devon Campbell. Class of 2022 offensive tackle from Arlington, Texas. He was named the District 4-6A Offensive Sophomore of the Year this past season. Campbell already has nine offers from OSU, FSU, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Tulsa and FCS Illinois State.
- Ernest “RJ” Cooper. 2022 weak-side defensive end now holds offers from OSU, Colorado, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M and Tulsa. The Arlington, Texas prospect was named the District 4-6A Defensive Sophomore of the Year.
Along with Bishop, it appears OSU played host to a few local prospects this weekend as they work to put together their PWO class for 2020.
Tavien Woodworth. Class of 2020 running back from Fort Gibson, Oklahoma.
Had a great time in Stillwater!! #Gopokes @JohnWozniak2 pic.twitter.com/Gfcfn3vxYw— Tavien Woodworth (@tavien34) January 26, 2020
Aeneas Favors. Class of 2020 linebacker from Abilene, Texas.
Great visit @CowboyFB an amazing place with some wonderful people! We can't wait to go back! #GoPokes pic.twitter.com/tvg8PSI4W8— Nikki Favors (@FavorsNikki) January 26, 2020
OSU also grabbed commitments from a number of PWOs. We’ll get that list out to you later this week.